I have to say it’s been a beautiful year of growing my personal mindfulness practice on the mat, on the plate, & in my day-to-day life. As a practitioner working with clients using mindfulness-based interventions, it’s ever important that I LIVE it to TEACH it! Mindfulness is a journey, & there are so many ways to integrate it into your life. That is why I am spending this winter not only working individually with clients, but also offering a number of thoughtfully curated events build on the foundation of mindful living & eating in the Calgary & Rocky Mountain area. I’m truly grateful for all the support for my company in the local & online community, & can’t wait to connect with you online or in person this season!
Jan 15, 2017, 11-11:30 am, at The Light Cellar
- MINDFUL MORNING ROUTINE MINI CLASS – free!
- Learn more about the Light Cellar in Bowness’ open house here. No reservation necessary for this free event, just come early to grab a seat & a warm cup that we’ll use in a meditation exercise together!
Jan 16, 30, Feb 6, 13, 2017, Mon afternoons, at The Study in Cochrane
- MINDFUL MINIS + SPINNING MAMA’S REGISTERED PROGRAM
- A Receipt for Psychological Services will be provided for the children’s portion of the group psychology program at the end of the program.
- Register online: http://www.herewestudy.ca/events-and-workshops.html
Jan 17, 2017, Tues 7-8 pm, at Modern + Mindful YYC Meditation Centre
Jan 30, 2017, Fri , 10-11 am, online
- THE MINDFUL ATHLETE :: An Online Education Session for Professionals who Work with Athletes
- The Mindful Athlete is an education session for professionals — from psychologists to athletic therapists to personal trainers & coaches — working with athletes of all levels. No matter what sport you play, any athlete can benefit from the positive effects of meditation. Meditation research on athletic performance is still in its infancy. However, meditation has been shown to help in other areas that could relate to athletic performance. It helps you focus. It helps you cope with pain. It helps you deal with fear. It strengthens your immune system. It reduces our mind from ruminating. It makes you resilient. It reduces stress. It helps to stabilize emotions. It helps with sleep.
- The one hour webinar will include an overview of the definition & research behind mindfulness based interventions & practices for both the everyday athlete & professional athletes. Teaching of formal meditation & breathing exercises will be included.
- Register online: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/the-mindful-athlete-an-online-education-session-for-professionals-who-work-with-athletes-tickets-28597931182
Jan 31, Feb 7, 21, 28, 2017, Tues evenings 7-8:15 pm, at Modern + Mindful YYC Meditation Centre
- THE MINDFUL + WHOLISTIC EATING PROGRAM: LEVEL 1
- Register online: http://www.modernandmindful.com/meditation-services/workshops/
- Register for this 4-week experiential program where we’ll be doing a number of hands on eating activities, self exploration of conditioning and other behaviours around food, & how to address mindless eating habits that pop up in our lives! Mindful Eating is all a buzz, & as an expert in this field, I want to share tools, research, & hands on practices you can seamlessly integrate into your day as well as address how & why mindless eating can happen & how to adapt your environment at home & work to combat it! This program is taught from a wholistic approach, which essentially is the philosophy that all parts of a you are interconnected, & within this small group program I’ll attend to each of a person as a whole — with mind, body, and social factors being taken into consideration.
- Free 20 minute session with me prior to the program will be offered to set your program goals & ensure this is the ideal program for you! A Receipt for Psychological Services will be provided at the end of the program.
Feb 10, 2017, 7-10 pm at Fieldstudy on 4th Street downtown Calgary
- FORAGE + FIRE :: A VEGETARIAN PRAIRIE INSPIRED WINTER DINNER PARTY
- Seasonal ingredients foraged and procured from primarily local producers. Fire roasted, toasted, and smoked to perfection. Locally produced Kombucha blended beverages paired with each course. Served up in an intimate long table setting of the cozy Fieldstudy space. This lovingly curated vegetarian meal inspired by prairie winters will be a chance for reconnecting with your senses as well as new and old friendships over a 5 course seasonal menu.
- TICKETS AVAILABLE SOON, LIMITED TO 14 SEATS. TO GET YOUR NAME ON THE LIST TO BE THE FIRST IN THE KNOW, EMAIL NOW!
Feb 14, 2017, at Modern + Mindful YYC Meditation Centre
- BE MINE(DFUL): A SENSUAL + MINDFUL VALENTINE’S DATE FOR COUPLES
- Delight your date this Valentine’s Day & discover a unique event designed to stimulate all of your senses. Bring your partner, & prepare for an evening that will delight, surprise, & forge a strong connection between the two of you. The evening includes: a guided meditation to begin & set the tone for the evening; neck massage highlighting the occipital points through the use of essential oils; customizing your own sensual essential oil blend, learning about the ways essential oils affect the brain, learning about the sensation of light touch, with a beautiful feather that will be yours to keep, a guided chocolate meditation, blindfolded chocolate tasting with delights from First Date Confections, & finally, gift bag to take home!
- Register online: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/be-minedful-a-valentines-event-for-couples-tickets-31132953502?aff=ehomecard
Mar 7, 14, 21, 28, 2017, Tues evenings 7-8:15 pm, at Modern + Mindful YYC Meditation Centre
- THE MINDFUL + WHOLISTIC EATING PROGRAM: LEVEL 2
- Register for this 4-week experiential program to continue your exploration of eating habits & creating a more mindful way of living day to day through simple & nutritious practices with food! In this advanced group, we’ll be doing a number of hands on eating activities & look more closely at conditioning around eating from childhood to current life situation. The 10 hungers introduced in Level 1 will be explored in more detail & we will work together to build a self guided meditation practice that research tells us has the potential to support every aspect of your life — from productivity at work, to improved relationships & sex life, to healthy weight maintenance. I will bring my extensive knowledge in the fields of mindful eating & nutrition psychology to the table again in this group therapy format program! This program is taught from a wholistic approach, which essentially is the philosophy that all parts of a you are interconnected, & within this small group program I’ll attend to each of a person as a whole — with mind, body, and social factors being taken into consideration. A Receipt for Psychological Services will be provided at the end of the program. For more information, email email@example.com
Winter 2017 – onward, at Wymbin Kids Yoga Studio
- MAMA’S BOY YOGA CLASS
- Moms, bring your little guys to a yoga class where we’ll move, breathe, & playfully introduce them to yoga. Because it’s not just for girls, & research has shown it benefits attention, executive functioning skills, motor development, & MORE.
Winter/Spring 2017 date TBD, at Wymbin Kids Yoga Studio
- MINI MINDFUL EATERS: A PLAYFUL MOVEMENT + MINDFUL EATING CLASS
- This class is for all children including picky eaters; email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on registration.
If you would like to see additional events considered, or would like more info on particular programs below, I encourage you to connect with me via email email@example.com