nutrition nu·tri·tion // n(y)o͞oˈtriSH(ə)n/
: the process of eating the right kind of food so you can grow properly & be healthy
I founded Wholistic Health YYC after completing undergraduate, master’s & post-graduate certifications in nutrition-psychology & mindful eating. As a competitive athlete, business owner & mom with 2 toddlers, I respect you want to make the best food choices but struggle to digest the plethora of material out there on “healthy eating”, “nutrition”, fad diets, & such. I’m here to educate you on the benefits of maintaining a diet rich in whole foods — benefits that extend to body & mind.
I’ve been around the globe doing market tours & cooking classes — from New York to Madrid to Paris to Istanbul to Florence to Rome to Copenhagen & beyond! But some of my very fave foods & markets are right here in my own backyard. Calgary has a great selection of both farmer’s markets & grocery stores. You can find a whole variety of whole foods to nourish your mind & body.
Social media bombards society with the countless celebrity endorsed diets (tricks to shed those last 10lbs before summer… sound familiar?), images of the ‘perfect’ body, & food fads that tells you to eliminate certain foods because of their perceived harmfulness or incorporating foods because of their ‘newly discovered’ health benefits. But just how sustainable are these trends? Not to mention the cost associated with them. Even though there’s endless information at our fingertips, its a tricky job sifting through it all & try to make sense of it (that’s what I’m here for).
I strive to collaborate with clients over nutrition & other nutrition professionals to create a sustainable relationship with food, from the WHY to the HOW to the WHAT you choose to fuel your body & mind.
WHOLE FOODS services
NUTRITIONAL PSYCHOLOGY COUNSELLING & ASSESSMENTS
- Includes a 3-Day Food Journal for Mood (3-DFJM), which is a tool that allows simple assessment of the impact daily dietary intake is likely having on mood. Based on the results of the 3-DFJM, a method of nutritional remediation called Macronutrient Mood Therapy (MMT) can be applied.
MINDFUL MEAL PREP & MINDFUL EATING
- This psychology-based program involves learning how to mindfully prepare a meal in your own home + a mindful eating meditation. Includes cost of food for meal (4 servings).
MOOD + FOOD THERAPY + MARKET SHOPPING TOUR
- Mood & food therapy session + a tour of popular Calgary markets to learn about foods that support mental health.
MINDFUL MEAL PREP SESSION FOR SINGLES + COUPLES + FAMILIES + KIDS
- Learn how to mindfully prepare a meal in the comfort of your own home, & get introduced to mindful eating practices & meditations. Price of groceries, based on *number of people *chosen number of daily meals/snacks requested *days for meal prep *mindful eating + nutrition psychology goal setting *in-home meal prep demo for mood-supporting meals.
MARKET SHOPPING TOUR +MINDFUL MEAL PREP SESSION
IN-HOME PRIVATE COOKING CLASS &MINDFUL DINING LESSON //
- Class options include food+mood therapy supported recipes & mindful eating experiences (inquire about custom lessons!):
- (1) comfort foods
- (2) baked goods (vegan & GF version available)
- (3) ladies night healthified appies & bevvies cooking party (did I mention I’ve trained in wine + spirit serving & tasting?)
- (4) mindful eating + meal prep for kids + families
- (5) mini mindful foodies (for toddlers + children)
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, or credit card.
Inquire about mindful food prep & mindful eating meditations, nutritional psychology assessment, cooking classes, & grocery store tours — services that’ll help YOU turn your life in a healthy direction. e-mail email@example.com.