As a psychologist specializing in nutritional psychology & mindful eating, I team up with clients with a personalized approach for a healthy mind & body
Social media bombards society with the countless celebrity endorsed diets (tricks to shed those last 10lbs before summer… sound familiar?), images of the ‘perfect’ female body, & food faddisms that tell us to eliminate certain foods because of their perceived harmfulness or incorporating foods because of their ‘newly discovered’ health benefits. But just how sustainable are these trends? Not to mention the cost associated with them. Even though there’s endless information at our fingertips, its a heck of a job sifting through it all and try to make sense of it (that’s what I’m here for).
As a psychologist specializing in nutrition psychology & mindful eating & eating disorders/disordered eating patterns, I have the education & experience to tailor our work to YOU! You’ll complete a 3-Day Food Journal for Mood (3-DFJM), which is a tool that allows simple assessment of the impact daily dietary intake is likely having on mood. Based on the results of the 3-DFJM, a method of nutritional remediation called Macronutrient Mood Therapy (MMT) can be applied. I also offer mindful meal prep & mindful eating exercises for in session & in-between sessions.
I strive to collaborate with clients over nutrition & other nutrition professionals to create a sustainable meal plan to fuel your body & mind. It’s time to take the stress out of eating & get excited about food again! In the end, this process is about YOU taking control of YOUR health, making informed decisions that may allow you to lead a longer, happier & healthier life.
NUTRITIONAL PSYCHOLOGY COUNSELLING & ASSESSMENTS
- Includes a 3-Day Food Journal for Mood (3-DFJM), which is a tool that allows simple assessment of the impact daily dietary intake is likely having on mood. Based on the results of the 3-DFJM, a method of nutritional remediation called Macronutrient Mood Therapy (MMT) can be applied.
MINDFUL MEAL PREP & MINDFUL EATING
- This psychology-based program involves learning how to mindfully prepare a meal in your own home + a mindful eating meditation. Includes cost of food for meal (4 servings).
MOOD + FOOD THERAPY + MARKET SHOPPING TOUR
- Mood & food therapy session + a tour of popular Calgary markets to learn about foods that support mental health.
MINDFUL MEAL PREP SESSION FOR SINGLES + COUPLES + FAMILIES + KIDS
- Learn how to mindfully prepare a meal in the comfort of your own home, & get introduced to mindful eating practices & meditations. Price of groceries, based on *number of people *chosen number of daily meals/snacks requested *days for meal prep *mindful eating + nutrition psychology goal setting *in-home meal prep demo for mood-supporting meals.
MARKET SHOPPING TOUR +MINDFUL MEAL PREP SESSION (with 5 day meal prep)
IN-HOME PRIVATE COOKING CLASS &MINDFUL DINING LESSON //
- 4 class options that include food+mood therapy supported recipes & mindful eating experiences (inquire about custom lessons!):
- (1) comfort foods
- (2) baked goods (vegan & GF version available)
- (3) ladies night healthified appies & bevvies cooking party (did I mention I’ve trained in wine + spirit serving & tasting?)
- (4) mindful eating + meal prep for kids + families
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, or credit card.
Inquire about mindful food prep & mindful eating meditations, nutritional psychology assessment, cooking classes, & grocery store tours — services that’ll help YOU turn your life in a healthy direction. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.