Hello! Welcome to Wholistic Health YYC. My name is Sally Powis-Campbell. I’m a Registered Psychologist in the Province of Alberta who founded this practice in order to share & support the Calgary community & beyond from a WHOLISTIC standpoint to health care. I provide a unique skill set to support my clients reach their full potential in both mental & physical health. Some of my specializations include Nutritional Psychology, Eating Disorder Counselling, Sports Psychology, Mindful Living for all ages, individually or for families & groups, Mindful Eating Coaching, Mindfulness & Eating Practices for Athletes, as well as Psychoeducational & Intellectual Testing for children & teens (that takes into account the whole person). I’m also a trained yoga teacher & a meditation guide.
For questions about services or intake, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Therapy & assessments are available for all ages, from toddlers to adults. Counselling can be done in-person or via eCounselling.
In-person options include in WHyyc’s office (in Wymbin Yoga Studio below Junction 9 in Inglewood area, opening Spring 2017), at Modern + Mindful meditation studio downtown, at a fitness facility (if consulting on nutritional psychology), or even in the comfort of the client’s home if appropriate (great option for moms with newborns or toddlers on a set nap schedule!). The eCounselling options include telephone, FaceTime, Skype & e-mail. eCounselling is ideal for individuals who are required to be out-of-town for business, or who can’t make it into the office for a variety of other reasons.
Services include //
INDIVIDUAL, COUPLES + FAMILY THERAPY + GROUP THERAPY
NUTRITIONAL PSYCHOLOGY ASSESSMENTS & THERAPY
- Includes a 3-Day Food Journal for Mood (3-DFJM), which is a tool that allows simple assessment of the impact daily dietary intake is likely having on mood. Based on the results of the 3-DFJM, a method of nutritional remediation called Macronutrient Mood Therapy (MMT) can be applied.
- Regarding behavior, sleep, anxiety, depression, as well as learning & attention challenges you may be facing with your children.
INTELLECTUAL & PSYCHOEDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENTS FOR CHILDREN & TEENS
- Initial consultation with parents/guardians
- Psychological testing
- Tests administration
- Development of the psychological report
- Review session with parent(s)/guardian(s)
- Optional add-ons depending on clinical representation & purpose: consultations with current health/education professionals, school observation
- On topics related to mindfulness, learning, behavior, teens, nutritional psychology, mindful eating, mindful movement & more.
MINDFUL MEDITATION & LIVING SUPPORT
- This service spans from supporting you in setting up a meditation space in your home or workplace, sharing helpful tools to support the space & your practice, & personal demos. Packages include recorded meditations, journal exercises, & resource sharing. It also includes coming to visit me by booking a cushion at Modern+Mindful meditation studio! I teach Mondays 12-12:30 & run weekly mindful eating events.
CONSULTATION & CORPORATE PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES //
- Topics can be suggested by hiring group, so long as in the psychologist’s repertoire. Popular topics include mindfulness for the workplace, as research shows it could be an effective intervention to target high stress levels, concentration, sleep quality, & autonomic balance. This can be a fun interactice meeting with your team where we share a mindful cup of coffee (includes meditation & tips from nutritional psychology perspective on coffe & food pairing), breath work for productivity & stress reduction, & more!
If you’re interested in any of the above services, or would like to inquire about services that are not listed, please e-mail email@example.com. No referral required for appointments.
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, e-transfer, paypal, or credit card.
Who pays for psychological services? //
Private psychological services are not covered by Alberta Health Services. However, for many people the cost of accessing psychological services can be offset through employee benefits or additional insurance coverage. The Psychologists’ Association of Alberta 2016 recommended fee schedule is $190 per hour for individual, couples, family counselling & assessments, as well as $60 per hour for group sessions. The treatment “hour” is usually 50 minutes allowing 10 minutes from each hour for after-session notes & other services. At the end of each session, clients are issued a receipt for psychological counselling services that may be used to obtain reimbursement from employee benefits or insurance company.
How many sessions will I need? //
How many sessions you’ll need depends on the presenting concern, complexity, severity & duration, as well as your personal motivation for dealing with presenting concerns. For some issues people can experience significant improvement in only a few sessions. Together, we can work together to estimate how many sessions you’ll require. However, ultimately, it’s your decision as to how many sessions you need, & clients are free to withdraw from services at any point.